Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Growing up / aging gracefully

You don't know whether your aging (gracefully or otherwise) or others are growing up it seems they are two sides of the same coin

Today is a great day ackie is graduating. I still remember my last day in the college what were those days just remembering them makes me feel young. I really enjoyed my college there shares of ups and downs the bunking of classes (against which I seriously advise my children or for that matter any body else) having innumerable cups of tea at the college canteen named Apollo ( because it was shaped like a rocket and Armstrong had probably landed on the moon around the time I joined college Aug 1970)

It seem like it was just yesterday time just seems to fly by 30 years and one still wants to go back to the same old days they were some of the best time in my life.

some time life looks like a movie sudden changes take place in 1978 I moved to north east (north eastern states are cut off from main India . The population is basically indigenous tribal people rustic and simpleton with very frugal life style, the states are also known as the seven sisters)

Life started a fresh met knew persons one person I met was PK sasseedran he had just come to tripura where his uncle was working and he joined me I think at a very young age 0f 17 -18 years.

We had a long stint together worked for almost 10 years and then drifted away . Two days ago I suddenly got a call from him and I gave him my email address and then he mailed me . His daughter is also doing engineering and the second daughter is in class 9. He specially asked about ackie. When ackie was born the entire staff at agartala would look after her and sasi was one of them.

when I was in engineering there were only two girls in the whole college and today it seems every second girl is doing engineering . I think this is one male area which has been completely conquered

I will continue with more in the next blog

let me again congratulate ackie she is such a wonderful daughter and I am sure she will be a winner in whatever she does

ackie dear do not allow it to get to your head

Ackie occupies so much space in my mind that I feel sometimes bubbly is left out but next time it is bubbly is some body listening ....... Or reading??????????????

3 comments:

Krazee Girl said...

1. Fathers have all the fun when they are in college and always advise there children not to do wht they did ;)
2. you didnt mention anything abt hte Apollo before!! i mean i know the amount of tea had but the rocket.. coool
3. Looking forward to being mentioned

:)

Anonymous said...

HI :-) University life is awesome.

(Ruchi's friend)

Ace said...

You do realise your children (the wonderful angels that they are) can only listen in mock horror to your terrifying adventures while you were at uni.

Thank you - I try ;-)

And yes, I would have commented earlier but I had to rush to uni. Like our dear bottle of champagne, I cannot wait for the next post!